I am absolutely knackered tonight so decided not to try and paint anything. I have rescued a print off the printer and also sliced a few more. Now interestingly this print had four bases on it and only one came off perfectly (more of that later). So this miniature is the wight prince…

Not that you can really see him in the green resin… you will have to trust me, but it is a really nice miniature.

As I said above I printed him and his base plus three more bases. I managed to sort of get a Second one off the plate, but it was pretty badly warped and then there are the other two. One was completely non existent and the second one was a lump on the bottom of the vat.

So tonight I sliced half a dozen bases and when the bottom layer was curing only four showed up on the screen, then weirdly on the second layer the other two suddenly appeared. I have another 15 minutes or so to go before they are finished so it will be interesting to see what they are like. The only thing I can think of is that the missing two weren’t actually touching the ‘build plate’ in the software.

Yey.. they worked

Luckily they came out okay, I did pull the plug on them as it was actually going to be another hour to make the wall a few mm higher…. and quite frankly I wanted to go to bed. It didn’t happen until just now as my daughter needed help with her maths homework!

I am now in the process of printing Gandalf, Frodo and Samwise (and a cat) overnight. I will show them off tomorrow.

2 thoughts on “Having a Night Off… Sort of

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s