Geek Club

So foolishly I made my way to work today. Cold and Flu plus kept me on my feet. But my cover teacher was Poorly so off I went. Friday is technically a shorter day as we finish at 14.00. Well it would be if I didn’t run the Geek club.

If you remember we were making stone walls out of 10mm blue foam. This was where we got to today…

I am so proud of them. But more importantly they are proud of themselves.

We still have work to do but they are getting there. In the background is the tray for the spray varnish.

Sat in bed writing this, nose streaming and guts well and truly being coughed up…. Bleurgh!

Feeling Crap

Yes the winter feeling crap disease has hit the household. Tonight I managed to just about watch YouTube. The whole family is down with it. My wife ended up getting sent home from work.

Therefore painting things took a back seat. What is more weird was I went to work with a slight snuffle nine hours later I just about managed to drive home.

I now rattle there is so many cold and flu things inside me!

Hopefully it is a short lived thing🤒😷🤒🤧!

I Aten’t Dead

I thought I would drop by to let you all know that I am in fact still among the land of the living, haven’t been abducted by aliens or indeed got lost between home and work (but it was foggy the other morning).

Motivation to write, let alone paint anything has in fact taken a bit of a nose dive. But shock horror… I did in fact put paint to miniature this evening and made a small amount of progress on the skeletons I printed ages ago…

I went for green this time as it was handy and I couldn’t think of another colour I fancied.

At the weekend we went to Brucklands which is a recycling centre in the North of the islands. I went in hoping for a bit of a storage solution and shock horror I came home with this for a fiver…

Apologies for the socks

As you can see I have already filled it up with crap. Sadly my cat food boxes don’t quite fit. I am covering them in black tape to make them less obvious. The photo was taken when I was having a test run.

Hopefully I will carry on with a bit of painting tomorrow.


Tonight I got wanted something simple to do so broke out the Greenstuff and added some bits to the big Chaos dude…

I basically got carried away hiding the arm seam.

I am also relocating back into the lounge… the conservatory is getting a little chilly. I wanted to see whether the dipping inks would fit.

Sadly I still have three to go and they won’t go in! After getting these in it dawned on me I had to take them back to school for the Geek club.

Don’t Panic, Don’t Panic!

So, as some of you know, I live on Shetland. An archipelago half way between Bergen and Aberdeen. it is 165 miles from Lerwick to Thurso via Orkney.

So as you might expect it can get a bit blowy in such an exposed position. In fact it has been so blowy that we haven’t had a boat for four days… hopefully it will be in tomorrow.

The bread, meat and fruit and veg aisles looked like this…

They had some gammon and pork, plus some bacon and one packet of sausages, three avocado, two beetroot, three punnets of plums and six packets of Eccles cakes.

The in store bakery section wasn’t bad. Obviously people seemed to only want sliced bread.

We were in to get some gift bags and some chocolates for a neighbour who helped capture our errant geese.

Living here does have its advantages though….

This was my run to work the other morning.

A Bit of Basing

This evening I simply got some miniatures onto some MDF bases. Not a huge amount, but at least I achieved something.

Now all of the dwarves I have printed before this were for Joe. I fancied painting some myself. It has literally just dawned on me that these probably aren’t going to be super exciting as they are all pretty much armoured.

I said some time ago I fancied Mordheim again, one force I always fancied was the Dwarf treasure hunters. It looks like with these 3D ones it will be a possibility. The only things I haven’t got are the Dwarf juvenile types.

Late Night at Work

This evening was Parent Council night so I didn’t get back into the house until 21.30… really couldn’t be bothered to start anything, plus it was a bit late to fire up the Printer.

Hopefully Normal service will resume tomorrow.

Ghouls, Walls and Dwarves

Today has been all about printing. I found these walls for free. They are pretty awesome. They join via the pin-and-hole method. They can go straight, 45 degrees, and a right angle.

The above is made from two short walls and two wall ends. The wall ends are in the foreground. A short wall is about 70mm or just under 3 inches.

Here is the Thingiverse link… correct on 20/11/22:

Now instead of shoving as much onto the build plate as possible, I am instead going for smaller numbers, a major reason is that the filament is running short, but also because I got two walls in just over two hours.

I also printed a dozen ghouls and a dozen dwarves Huscarls.

More Skeletons

Today, I was feeling totally crap, my left arm is really sore where they shoved a Covid Booster into it. He did say it might be a bit more painful than the last one. He wasn’t kidding! Either that or I am a total wimp.

My family and the kids at school have been down with various Winter bugs… I reckon they have caught up with me.

Anyway I did a bit of slicing today as well as some printing. I also decided to get some paint on the undercoated skeletons. Not exactly a huge amount of work, but better than nothing.

At the minute I am printing half a dozen ghouls, having already done some dodos for the kids next week.