This evening I cracked on and got the final pair done. I even tried doing eyes on this pair…
I also spent some of today sorting out my 3D printer files. Basically I downloaded a pile and got them onto my hard drive… I did a bit of printing too. I increased the size of the Vampire and Scarecrow, printed a giant centipede as well as did a test print of some more 15mm Samurai. I
kind of got these to allow me to do Ronin in 15mm. I will be able to do various Forces to go with my 15mm terrain.
Tomorrow I will get a start on the Silver Bayonet miniatures. The centipede is going to spend a few hours in the sun to make sure he is fully cured.
It’s my mates birthday at the end of the month so I have got him some market stalls for his Monster hunting games.i sad a couple of issues, fire off, the corner of the front curled a bit. So to hide it I am going to base each one and get some ground cover up to the edge. Either that or stick a box in front of it. Second problem is the thatched roof. It is meant to come in two bits but for some reason my printer decided it was going tombow each end… easy fix… Inshall ‘build it’ in the software and print it as one piece. I will still probably mess around with greenstuff with this one… always good to have a bit of practice…
I also did some pinning of a model that I have had since the 90’s I found it in a box and decided it would be ideal for the Silver Bayonet… can you guess what it is from?
Finally I have just seen a Great value kickstarter for anyone with a 3D printer. The kickstarter is there to support the people of Kharkiv in Ukraine. You can find it Here.
I managed another five skeleton Samurai this evening. I went for an orange colour for the robes this time. Tomorrow I will go for a green colour. These are nice and quick to paint…okay I could spend longer and do a lot more work on them.. but hey I want them finished.
The other I thing I did this evening was to get the greenstuff done on the officer’s arm. He now has a nicely shaped tunic rather than a missing lump.
Fourteen to go… as you can see I managed to get the paints and brushes out this evening.
I am doing these in batches of five (and a four). This means that I am batch painting tunic colours. The majority of these have the blue grey colour on them. It was meant to be all of them, but somehow I put the paint down, totally forgot what colour I had just been using and chose a blue instead.
I am hoping that tomorrow I will get some more done.
A lot of this evening was spent battling with the insurers. In my policy I get a hire car, the repairs were approved on the 17th and I am still waiting for my hire car from them. Evidently it is tough shit that I am having to pay for a hire car myself while they wait to find me one. Evidently they sub contract to another company tgst doesn’t have anything to do with Shetland and although the claims lass said that us it, your request for a car gas gone through, the other side are denying all knowledge. In case you are wondering… they aren’t going to pay for the one I am already having to fork out for. Time for a new insurer methinks.
This evening I got a few more Monster Hunter minis out of box and set to work. My original plan was to get the seven of them started, but instead I went for finishing four of them. These are, for want of a better term, a goblin command set of: mage, standard and commander. The other one finished was a human mountain hermit.
On the left are a couple of Kappa and on the right a demonic Samurai.
Now for fun I looked up the Kanji for Goblin… the flag should say goblin, but with my painting ability it might just say trombone, but the thought was there.
Tomorrow I will try and get the next three done, then I am onto a dozen or so skeleton Samurai.
Painting this evening was done with very painful index fingers on both hands. It looks like I have an infection under the nail on both of them. My left hand actually hurts to even gently touch it, well as it is swollen it is not surprising. I really think I should go and annoy the doctor sometime as this keeps on happening.