I Aten’t Dead

I thought I would drop by to let you all know that I am in fact still among the land of the living, haven’t been abducted by aliens or indeed got lost between home and work (but it was foggy the other morning).

Motivation to write, let alone paint anything has in fact taken a bit of a nose dive. But shock horror… I did in fact put paint to miniature this evening and made a small amount of progress on the skeletons I printed ages ago…

I went for green this time as it was handy and I couldn’t think of another colour I fancied.

At the weekend we went to Brucklands which is a recycling centre in the North of the islands. I went in hoping for a bit of a storage solution and shock horror I came home with this for a fiver…

Apologies for the socks

As you can see I have already filled it up with crap. Sadly my cat food boxes don’t quite fit. I am covering them in black tape to make them less obvious. The photo was taken when I was having a test run.

Hopefully I will carry on with a bit of painting tomorrow.

More Skeletons

Today, I was feeling totally crap, my left arm is really sore where they shoved a Covid Booster into it. He did say it might be a bit more painful than the last one. He wasn’t kidding! Either that or I am a total wimp.

My family and the kids at school have been down with various Winter bugs… I reckon they have caught up with me.

Anyway I did a bit of slicing today as well as some printing. I also decided to get some paint on the undercoated skeletons. Not exactly a huge amount of work, but better than nothing.

At the minute I am printing half a dozen ghouls, having already done some dodos for the kids next week.

Corpse Cart…

So I eventually got around to getting a base started on the corpse cart…

I have got a couple of crows and a zombie to add to it as well as the completed skeleton signpost.

So as you can see I still need to add flock and tufts, but it is getting there.

New Skeletons

So I got the skeletons with swords onto my few remaining round bases… well actually I had to take some minis off four bases to make the full twelve. I could have used 2p’s but was concerned that the weight of the coin might cause damage to the swords etc.

I also got the cavalry printed too… upon saying that. When I got them off their supports I realised that there were only five troops and six horses. There is a seventh horse. I am seeing if the female vampire from the Zombie dragon will fit on it.

I got a bit more done on the corpse cart too.

Undead Wheels

Today I worked on my undead cart. In this case i made a change from my usual painting styles. With this I undercoated black and then dry brushed white. This is something I did the early 2000’s using washes to go over a similar method of undercoat and dry brush. But never mind I digress.

I think this method really worked for this model. I am not sure that it will be my go to in the future, but who knows?

I am printing some more skeletons and ghouls. I might use it on the ghouls but not the skeletons as I want them to fit in with the previous parts of the army.

Anyway, here are a couple of of pics of the model nearing completion. Tomorrow I add some more colours to the bits I obviously missed.

This was painted using both Contrast and dipping inks. Hopefully by tomorrow evening it will be finished, varnished and based.

Printing and Painting

Well sort of painting…

I decided to print my new wheels for the undead…

It is a rather nice corpse cart. I sprayed it black and then dry brushed everything white. I even got to open some ‘new’ white paint for the task.

So here are the bits in their dry brushed stage.

It’s the club games day tomorrow. My undead hordes will eventually get an airing

A small part of the force.

Sadly the extra undead bits only dropped on Thursday so there was no time to print and paint everything.

In Hot Water

Luckily not me, at least not yet… I am supposed to be writing my Standards and Quality report for work and it hasn’t happened yet!

What was in hot water were the dwarves…

I was quite a long way into resin printing before I found it about how hot water really helps remove the supports. So it is now often a standard practice with my prints.

I have now done another dozen dwarves, veterans this time…

The above are the two handed axeman. The other half dozen are single handed axe dudes.

I painted the bases of the sohei today, but didn’t take any photos. The dipping inks were ideal for this.

Final Thirty Six

Today I cracked on and bit the bullet to get the last thirty six undead based (actually there were thirty eight 😉). I had to force myself to get the last dozen done.Tomorrow I am going to go to town with the rust etc…

My youngest and I are now on a count down to our trip south. Thursday will roll up soon enough, but tomorrow my hire digger arrives to get the potholes flattened out. So watch out for digger photos tomorrow.

Lots of Varnish

Today I was out the house at 07.15 to help at the Kayak symposium…it wasn’t a taxing day, but I ended up coming home at 10.30, then back out again at 15.15 so a fractured day… infid however manage to get all of the undead apart from the big beastie varnished.

I was hoping to get the last miniature finished, but sadly it was not to be… I have got two more days of helping so it may not get finished until next week.

I intend to try the oil wash on the above sooner rather than later…