Ghouls, Walls and Dwarves

Today has been all about printing. I found these walls for free. They are pretty awesome. They join via the pin-and-hole method. They can go straight, 45 degrees, and a right angle.

The above is made from two short walls and two wall ends. The wall ends are in the foreground. A short wall is about 70mm or just under 3 inches.

Here is the Thingiverse link… correct on 20/11/22: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3660058

Now instead of shoving as much onto the build plate as possible, I am instead going for smaller numbers, a major reason is that the filament is running short, but also because I got two walls in just over two hours.

I also printed a dozen ghouls and a dozen dwarves Huscarls.

More Skeletons

Today, I was feeling totally crap, my left arm is really sore where they shoved a Covid Booster into it. He did say it might be a bit more painful than the last one. He wasn’t kidding! Either that or I am a total wimp.

My family and the kids at school have been down with various Winter bugs… I reckon they have caught up with me.

Anyway I did a bit of slicing today as well as some printing. I also decided to get some paint on the undercoated skeletons. Not exactly a huge amount of work, but better than nothing.

At the minute I am printing half a dozen ghouls, having already done some dodos for the kids next week.

Objective Markers

Well at the minute I am trying to use up the last of the filament spool so I wanted smaller bits. Today I went for objective markers and wooden beams.

I went for three of the four designs for the markers. Each has a number on the bottom to support various sneaky things in game. I went for 1 to 6 for each one.

The crates etc in the background were printed the other day.

Great Big Tower

Well that is the tower finished. Part one was just under 19 hours, part two over 26 hours and part three came in at just under 7 hours. So all in about 52 hours… I am now going to have to purchase a new roll of filament too as this took up an awful lot.

On the tooth front, I ended back in at the dentist today as my face swelled right up and was really sore. They cleaned it out again and also redid the filling.

Here is mr Chipmunk!

The triage nurse wanted to see what the swelling looked like. I took the photo while on the phone to get.

The Ruined Tower Part One

Eighteen hours Forty nine minutes of printing led to the first part of the tower getting finished.

The tower will be on the right hand side. Based on the printer first layers the tower is the same length as this one. From what I remember there will be a rock face against the lower bit, but I honestly cannot remember what it looks like.

Scatter

Fear not, this is not an order, but more a description of my latest prints.

The four in the centre were done overnight. I put them on my 2 foot square terrain mat. So as you can see they are not tiny things. I am printing a second set off as I don’t I will have enough filament on the spool to do anything bigger. Over the next few days my plan is to do a lot more scatter style pieces to use up the remains of the roll.I

I will see what is in this range and then look at my stuff from Lovecraft or Highland Miniatures. Some scaling will have to be done with the Lovecraft miniatures as they are massive compared the these.

Buildings

After purchasing various bits for the FDM printer I found two things, one – my motherboard won’t accept them and two – I got it working again!

So with a bit of swearing and faffing with the build plate on the fly I have managed to get some buildings printed. Now the centre one really needs redoing as it has printed badly. The columns at the front are really fragile.

I also had a power outage and somehow the printer actually got back on with it accurately (it is meant to, but sometimes what is meant is not what happens!) The one on the right is the affe Ted one here.

So here are the three new ones…

These are all from the Printing Goes Ever On. The one on the left is from an earlier download, the other two are from the ‘not’ Osgiliath set.

This photo shows my 20% infil. It was taken when he power came back on…

The right hand model has a first floor that comes off and was printed separately.

I am renting another one off right now. Four hours in… and I cannot really see the timeline moving… the FDM takes forever. The building on the right took 32 hours plus another 5+ for the separate floor.

In case you are wondering, the printer is sitting on a concrete paving slab. This is because I have to leave it on for so long.

Corpse Cart…

So I eventually got around to getting a base started on the corpse cart…

I have got a couple of crows and a zombie to add to it as well as the completed skeleton signpost.

So as you can see I still need to add flock and tufts, but it is getting there.