As my back and lower extremities are still buggered I had to be a bit careful today. I did however manage to get the market stalls finished…
So from left to right we have a manju /mochi stall ( unfortunately the rice cakes are normally a pinkish colour)… no wonder no one has bought any of mine!) Next we have the hot sweet potato seller. The fish stall comes next and finally we have the fruit and veg seller.
I printed some road tiles at 50% original size. This was done about two years ago. They were originally for my 15mm samurai village. I stuck the road print onto the base and when it was dry I cut the bases out with a sharp blade. These were then edged by my chunky sharpie.
Now I could have done a lot more on these both base and paint wise, not to mention printing more boxes of produce. My mates birthday is today so I needed them done and dusted.
Now I learned a lot from these and will do a few things differently when I get round to doing mine… well that is if I don’t forget!
Whilst hunting for my Samurai terrain box I came across a box of miniatures, I really wished I hadn’t as the bases are blooming with white mould. I obviously forgot to take them out of the big shed and into my heated shed. I am afraid I used foul language upon opening the box. I reckon it is going to be a total rebasing for the lot of them.
Before talking about the painting I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for their support after my rant yesterday. I really did appreciate it.
Anyway, this evening I worked on this chap to a point where he just needs his colours…
As you can see he has a crosspiece so a normal flag like the lancer (sporting alternative colours) won’t work. Because of the shape of the model and the thickness of the pole then I am having to do a bit of a head scratch. I had a play around with one of the blank flags and have come up with a sort of idea.
I now have two dwarves, two dogs and two cannons left to go. My mate has just got a few more and so do I, so there are a host more to paint.
Tonight I re undercoated the bits where my sloppy bone painting had covered the cloth and then did the blue grey again. When it was dry I gave it another coat to give a bit more depth. I then added in the red of the uniform and horse tack.
Still a long way to go, but definitely getting there. I have to choose what colour to do the czapka. On the website it is black, but inthink I will go for something a bit more fancy as befits a lancer regiment.
The unpainted one is going to be a red colour similar the ones I painted a couple of years ago.
So tonight I made a start on the trio of undead cavalry. All are riding skeletal horses so that was a speedy paint job. Sadly too speedy as I got it places where I didn’t want it and only really noticed when I went to paint the various bits of cloth…
So this is where I got to… I actually ended up spending time watching a programme where there is a competition to build doll’s houses. Otherwise I would have bit further on than this.
I went into Town today with the kids and ended up in the toy shop to get some replacement paint as some more of mine is running out…
So whilst grabbing my pot of paint I was browsing the various GW miniatures and came across a single plastic space marine miniature and then noticed the price… I nearly cacked myself £25! I mean I knew GW pricing was dodgy, but FFS £25 for a single miniature, that is just so wrong on so many levels. Uness they melted down the mould after doing the run then that is obscene.
This is coming from someone who once spent £40 on a pile of miniatures to get two that were out of production. Here is one of them…super, super rare…
I am so glad that I dropped out of that system a long time ago, I still have the original Mordheim rules as well as Necromunda and did toy with the idea of revamping them using whatever miniatures I have lying around.
I had the vapours spending £25 on a Pile more Flintloque miniatures, so god help me if I ever got into 40k.
Tonight I got the officer and standard bearer finished…
As you can see, I knocked up some colours to add to the flag pole. To be frank, it will probably change to something a bit darker. I printed out the blanks and coloured the bits with a selection of Sharpies.
The part finished one is Zoltan himself. I will probably (hopefully) get him finished tomorrow.
My mate is wanting these in a winter theme…aka snow, but as a number are already covered in the Patchy plains base ready stuff then I will have to snow over the top. That is if I have any round and about. I will do it a bit like the lot below.
Tonight I got a bit of work done on two of the Zoltan command miniatures…they are more skeletons than Zombies, but hey undead is undead…
Because they are Ostarian’s then they have white tunics, I would have preferred something a bit darker or at least coloured cuffs and turnbacks, but I went for the colours from the website images. I would imagine that once I get the remaining bits painted then they, like the two from yesterday, will grow on me.