Ghouls, Walls and Dwarves

Today has been all about printing. I found these walls for free. They are pretty awesome. They join via the pin-and-hole method. They can go straight, 45 degrees, and a right angle.

The above is made from two short walls and two wall ends. The wall ends are in the foreground. A short wall is about 70mm or just under 3 inches.

Here is the Thingiverse link… correct on 20/11/22: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3660058

Now instead of shoving as much onto the build plate as possible, I am instead going for smaller numbers, a major reason is that the filament is running short, but also because I got two walls in just over two hours.

I also printed a dozen ghouls and a dozen dwarves Huscarls.

More Skeletons

Today, I was feeling totally crap, my left arm is really sore where they shoved a Covid Booster into it. He did say it might be a bit more painful than the last one. He wasn’t kidding! Either that or I am a total wimp.

My family and the kids at school have been down with various Winter bugs… I reckon they have caught up with me.

Anyway I did a bit of slicing today as well as some printing. I also decided to get some paint on the undercoated skeletons. Not exactly a huge amount of work, but better than nothing.

At the minute I am printing half a dozen ghouls, having already done some dodos for the kids next week.

New Skeletons

So I got the skeletons with swords onto my few remaining round bases… well actually I had to take some minis off four bases to make the full twelve. I could have used 2p’s but was concerned that the weight of the coin might cause damage to the swords etc.

I also got the cavalry printed too… upon saying that. When I got them off their supports I realised that there were only five troops and six horses. There is a seventh horse. I am seeing if the female vampire from the Zombie dragon will fit on it.

I got a bit more done on the corpse cart too.

Undead Wheels

Today I worked on my undead cart. In this case i made a change from my usual painting styles. With this I undercoated black and then dry brushed white. This is something I did the early 2000’s using washes to go over a similar method of undercoat and dry brush. But never mind I digress.

I think this method really worked for this model. I am not sure that it will be my go to in the future, but who knows?

I am printing some more skeletons and ghouls. I might use it on the ghouls but not the skeletons as I want them to fit in with the previous parts of the army.

Anyway, here are a couple of of pics of the model nearing completion. Tomorrow I add some more colours to the bits I obviously missed.

This was painted using both Contrast and dipping inks. Hopefully by tomorrow evening it will be finished, varnished and based.

Why, Why, Why

Today I printed the NPC’s and whilst removing the supports I managed to rip the hobbit from his feet. So I saved everything, cured them and brought them into the house to sort things out.

As I picked one up it pinged out of my fingers and disappeared… this was what I spent twenty minutes trying to find…

The remaining foot is next to the pen point… yeah! Time to print a new miniature I think.

So these are the full group.

I will reprint the little dude soon.

I got the dwarves done ..,

And am printing this dude right now…

This is the body, it’s a bit larger than I normally do 🙂.

Addendum… why, when I need one miniature printing have I suddenly got half a dozen humanoids and a bloody big dog?

More Animals Anyone?

Tonight I decided to print another set of anthropomorphic beasties.

The Hedgehog riding the corgi is from Goonmaster Miniatures and the pair of armoured mice are from Naga Miniatures..,

The corgi looks weird as the saddle fits into the gap on the back.

As of next Tuesday my older half dozen kids in the school are going to paint up a mini each and then make a mini diorama on an old CD. I will run this over a number of weeks as a little Lunchtime club… I must be bonkers!

Getting There….

Well, I have worked on this army for two weeks now and the end is in sight… tonight I got the Wraith cavalry done…

By my reckoning it leaves the big beastie and the rider to go….

Upon saying, nearly done, I still need to do the varnishing, oil wash and flocking… but the painting is nearly over!

I also redid the Giant and added a bit more to the build plate. I dropped some 28mm Imperials down to make some different guns… not sure why to be honest!

It has been a productive day, but I think I need a break from painting soon. Luckily Joe is coming over for a game tomorrow evening… a good excuse to have a break.

More Painting

Today I was in and out a fair bit but I did manage to get some painting done… to be honest I am getting a bit sick of painting 🤯. But needs must as they say!

So first up are the Dinocrocuta… these are almost finished….

Really just the two armoured ones to work on.

I also did a lot more on the ghouls…

And finally I got going on the crossbows…

Once the crossbows are done then I have eight riders of various sorts and the big beastie to do. Although I complained about lots of painting, I only really have myself to blame as I added two dozen miniatures to the pile.