Huzzah, I actually sat down and did some painting this evening. This time I went for my 15mm Samurai types.
As I was driving my eldest to drama I was totally confused by a hill/island where there shouldn’t be one… turned out to be a totally weird looking cloud. You can just about make it out in the photo below.
This evening I got my finger out and started on some of the 15mm Samurai forces.
I have made a sort of Bandit force that includes some Ronin and a renegade monk.
The above were all painted with the Dipping Inks. I am really pleased with the majority of them. The only one that is a bit weird is the black shadow dip. I like it, but the guy front right has his kimono painted with it. It is more a grey green. Basically to me, it is a naming thing rather than a useless colour. For full disclosure I had heard this and ordered it anyway as it is a useful colour.
I still have the following dips to try out.
Hopefully I will get some more done tomorrow. I am now off to order the shrine set from 3DAlienworlds.
This evening I cracked on and got the final pair done. I even tried doing eyes on this pair…
I also spent some of today sorting out my 3D printer files. Basically I downloaded a pile and got them onto my hard drive… I did a bit of printing too. I increased the size of the Vampire and Scarecrow, printed a giant centipede as well as did a test print of some more 15mm Samurai. I
kind of got these to allow me to do Ronin in 15mm. I will be able to do various Forces to go with my 15mm terrain.
Tomorrow I will get a start on the Silver Bayonet miniatures. The centipede is going to spend a few hours in the sun to make sure he is fully cured.
As my back and lower extremities are still buggered I had to be a bit careful today. I did however manage to get the market stalls finished…
So from left to right we have a manju /mochi stall ( unfortunately the rice cakes are normally a pinkish colour)… no wonder no one has bought any of mine!) Next we have the hot sweet potato seller. The fish stall comes next and finally we have the fruit and veg seller.
I printed some road tiles at 50% original size. This was done about two years ago. They were originally for my 15mm samurai village. I stuck the road print onto the base and when it was dry I cut the bases out with a sharp blade. These were then edged by my chunky sharpie.
Now I could have done a lot more on these both base and paint wise, not to mention printing more boxes of produce. My mates birthday is today so I needed them done and dusted.
Now I learned a lot from these and will do a few things differently when I get round to doing mine… well that is if I don’t forget!
Whilst hunting for my Samurai terrain box I came across a box of miniatures, I really wished I hadn’t as the bases are blooming with white mould. I obviously forgot to take them out of the big shed and into my heated shed. I am afraid I used foul language upon opening the box. I reckon it is going to be a total rebasing for the lot of them.
It’s my mates birthday at the end of the month so I have got him some market stalls for his Monster hunting games.i sad a couple of issues, fire off, the corner of the front curled a bit. So to hide it I am going to base each one and get some ground cover up to the edge. Either that or stick a box in front of it. Second problem is the thatched roof. It is meant to come in two bits but for some reason my printer decided it was going tombow each end… easy fix… Inshall ‘build it’ in the software and print it as one piece. I will still probably mess around with greenstuff with this one… always good to have a bit of practice…
I also did some pinning of a model that I have had since the 90’s I found it in a box and decided it would be ideal for the Silver Bayonet… can you guess what it is from?
Finally I have just seen a Great value kickstarter for anyone with a 3D printer. The kickstarter is there to support the people of Kharkiv in Ukraine. You can find it Here.
Fourteen to go… as you can see I managed to get the paints and brushes out this evening.
I am doing these in batches of five (and a four). This means that I am batch painting tunic colours. The majority of these have the blue grey colour on them. It was meant to be all of them, but somehow I put the paint down, totally forgot what colour I had just been using and chose a blue instead.
I am hoping that tomorrow I will get some more done.
A lot of this evening was spent battling with the insurers. In my policy I get a hire car, the repairs were approved on the 17th and I am still waiting for my hire car from them. Evidently it is tough shit that I am having to pay for a hire car myself while they wait to find me one. Evidently they sub contract to another company tgst doesn’t have anything to do with Shetland and although the claims lass said that us it, your request for a car gas gone through, the other side are denying all knowledge. In case you are wondering… they aren’t going to pay for the one I am already having to fork out for. Time for a new insurer methinks.