So, thankfully after just under 27 hours the castle made it through.
There was a lump of spaghetti sitting on the build plate and to be honest I haven’t got a clue where it came from. I needed a visit to the loo at 03.00 and it was sitting there then, so it happened between then and 01.00. It looks like the Ender struggled with the tiles on each level as there are a couple of strands of filament hanging down at each level. The same thing happened to the other one (not to mention the spaghetti monster on that one too (in exactly the same place). With this in mind then I reckon something weird is going on with the STL.
Although I tried my best efforts to keep the thing in situ, it did actually move about a millimetre out…
It can just be seen above right on the stick and white tack. I reckon a bit of filler or Greenstuff and it will be invisible. Not bad really considering that whole top corner had come adrift and it was guesswork where it went. The other bit with a wobble is the top end gate which has moved in about a mil or two.
After this came off the build plate I decided to do a Torri and bridge. Evidently the printer decided that I wanted the surrealist version!
I had to replace the build plate top so that there was some adhesion, but I am now getting to the stage where I am thinking about getting a flexible steel sheet or a glass one as these replaceable ones are really beginning to annoy me.
I am printing a new bridge and Torri and they seem to be holding onto the build plate, but I really should have relevelled the bed, I am afraid I forgot. They look a right mess at the minute as I added tree supports and I don’t know what is support or model at the minute.
Got an hour before they come off, so fingers crossed.