Yesterday I did a couple of test prints to see how the scale was looking. The fence was a bit on the large side and the buffalo a bit on the small side…See here .
So today I dropped the fence from 60% to 50%…
This seems to be better. It looks more like a farm fence than a zoo fence. I messed up by adding supports to it, so it took the same amount of time as the bigger one. These two bits took 44 minutes.
The next thing I did was to increase the buffalo from 60% to 70%…
The cows look okay too, perhaps a bit on the large side, might try 65% or perhaps I will just leave them as is. They are stage dressing for a war game table so they should be fine.
Actually when I look at the 60% water buffalo on the base with the miniatures then it doesn’t look too bad actually.
So right now I am printing off a farm house with a thatched roof. It is done at the 50% sizing. It might be a bit big for a war game dwelling when one miniature equals a number of real people. We shall see.
The advantage of having the STL’s is that I can faff around with the sizes. I want to make a 15mm Force or two for my Ronin rule sets. If the house is too big for a multi base war game then it should be fine fir a skirmish game.
The building will take four hours for the walls and then another four plus fir the roof.