The End is in Sight

Today I got the Doppelsoldners and skirmish arqubusiers printed and stuck on bases.

As the original skirmish troops are quite fragile, with or without high speed cable reels dropping in them, I have decided to replace them. I literally just binned any unpainted ones and will replace them with the newly printed ones.

So here we have the remains of the army…

In the rear are the skirmish troops. Bottom left are the attached skirmish screen for the Pike blockandbkttom right are the Doppelsoldners. Technically I only need two, but as I have four Pike blocks then I can choose to have them as Landskecht or Tercio. It just gives me that bit more flexibility on a force.

So if we take the above and add the ones done yesterday, then we have the remaining miniatures left to paint…

These will be added to this lot….

The unpainted bases are to be replaced by some of the new ones above.

I am hoping to the new ones sprayed tomorrow and then started on Tuesday.

Cows and Guns

I wish I could have written cows with guns there, but never mind. I worked on the 6mm Italian wars artillery this evening and got four of the six guns done. To hide the base I added some terrarium sand. This needs sealing before painting which is why it is still a natural colour.

The cows need a nkt of work on them.. things like the horns etc, but I am going to leave them pretty much the same colour that they are now.

Bored, Bored, Bored

As you might have guessed, I am a little bored of this project… it honestly seems to be going on FOREVER…

Anyway I cracked on tonight and worked on another three sets of strips, getting them quite a long way on…

On the up side I do seem to be getting faster, I think. These need hats, feathers, Pike spikes and base to do. Hopefully I will get these done tomorrow and get a start on the next three set of strips.

Now these and the ones I finished yesterday seem a lot brighter than some of the earlier ones, but it might simply be that I have used different amounts of paint on the brush, I know that I am doing one at a time rather than spreading the same paint over a couple of models, the other possibility is that I have shaken the paint pots really hard over the last couple of days. For whatever reason, I really do like them.

Three Bases Down

This evening I got another three bases put together…

I also made a start on another few bases worth…

Ye gods this project is beginning to drag a smidge. The under coated ones above are the mix of flexible and ordinary resin, so they should be a bit more resilient. I doubt they would take a direct hit from a filament reel, but to be honest I don’t know what would. From what I remember I can do six strips in four days, or something like that so this lot should be done by the weekend. I will then assess whether I need to do any more. Hopefully my bristle pikes and a few extra miniatures here and there will sort out the damaged ranks of the original set.

One day I might actually paint my cannons!