Well as promised I decided to prehollow out the huey before using the slicer to do it. It seems to have worked! I went to town by shoving a cylinder inside the rear compartment and then in the software subtracting it. This left a big cylindrical void that meant that it was a lighter model, but also that there are no places where the resin can pool.

The blue light you can see is a small uv light that I made to fit inside hollowed out models. This thing has more holes than a Swiss cheese. But it does allow the cleaner to get inside easily and to empty out easily too. I might cover up the holes, but there again I am going to be shoving various crew in there, so the holes won’t be as visible.

I also did some rotors on the filament machine and put them on a higher setting. They have come out very nicely.

2 thoughts on “Upgrade on the Huey

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s