Tonight I fiddled a bit more with the printer. I checked all of the bits that I could. So to test it I gave it the big square base that it totally cocked up yesterday.
I pulled a fair bit of filament off the roll to allow it to have as little drag as possible and the print came out like this.
Problem is it had a bit of a naff crack in it. I shoved some superglue into it to help out. I have also sliced some rocks and things that I will glue over the crack to help strengthen it. So next thought was much better than this….
So that was a start. I do reckon that this weekend I am going to replace the extruder. Luckily I purchased one about 2 months in to owning the thing and it has sat in its box for ten months!
The other thing I did was to increase the temperature by 10 degrees. I was going to print another one off with the new temperature but being the pillock that I am I forgot to add it to the memory stick!
So instead of redoing it I printed what was on the card…
Townsfolk… from what I remember top row left to right:
Guard, porter, passer by
Barmaid, priest, lady one and two
Blacksmith, traveller and farmer
This lot were printed at 210 and have an infil of 50% (I think) .
They are pretty solid but some still have a slight delamination on the outer layer.
I also decided to print some dwarves, sadly, or not, I ended up starting to print some dungeon dressing, which will be great, but will take 3 hours instead of one..
It looks like I will be playing Hunter Call of the Wild for a bit longer…