After purchasing various bits for the FDM printer I found two things, one – my motherboard won’t accept them and two – I got it working again!
So with a bit of swearing and faffing with the build plate on the fly I have managed to get some buildings printed. Now the centre one really needs redoing as it has printed badly. The columns at the front are really fragile.
I also had a power outage and somehow the printer actually got back on with it accurately (it is meant to, but sometimes what is meant is not what happens!) The one on the right is the affe Ted one here.
So here are the three new ones…
These are all from the Printing Goes Ever On. The one on the left is from an earlier download, the other two are from the ‘not’ Osgiliath set.
This photo shows my 20% infil. It was taken when he power came back on…
The right hand model has a first floor that comes off and was printed separately.
I am renting another one off right now. Four hours in… and I cannot really see the timeline moving… the FDM takes forever. The building on the right took 32 hours plus another 5+ for the separate floor.
In case you are wondering, the printer is sitting on a concrete paving slab. This is because I have to leave it on for so long.