Tonight I wanted to give the rust effect a go on something a bit bigger than an axe. Luckily I dropped my small brush down the back of all my boxes on my painting station. And voilà I found anold style Necromunda plastic wall.

Quick spray white and a cover with a mettalic paint… in hindsight I could have just spayed it a metal colour with a rattle can…

I then threw some superglue and baking soda on it…well when I eventually got the glue out that is!

This was then covered with the metallic colour. When dry I splashed on the rust effect….

The effect is somewhat spoiled by my crap placement of it.

Since taking the photo I have noticed the bottom layer is actually becoming more orange…it looks like rust!

While waiting for things to dry I got my treeman finished…

The bits needing to dry were these chap’s…

As you can see I changed cloak colour… I may repaint the blue one.

Tomorrow I will do the other side of the wall.

4 thoughts on “More Rust and an Angry Tree

  1. That rust effect looks pretty sweet. One day I’ll have to order some from the UK. Great work on that classic treeman, and I have to agree that the black robes look better than the blue on the wraiths!

    Like

  2. The treeman looks great. The rust paint takes some time to get used to. You need to put it in the joints etc where water is likely to gather. The ghosts/wraiths look awesome figures.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s