We had a couple of power cuts this evening, well the wind was rising over the afternoon and by time we brought the horse in it was pushing 65 mph. It threw me about and also sent a half ton horse shooting sideways by a couple of metres. Although as a community we are pretty set up for wind, there have still been some issues, we had a door give way. Luckily a couple of screws kept it shut. We also have a fence that has a wooden post that has snapped.
I wouldn’t fancy being on the ferry to the mainland this evening. We really thought that they would be off, but nope they are going late… the one coming North is taking 17 plus hours instead of the usual 12!
The power did come on at about 20.30 so I managed to get some painting done.
I did another skirmish unit for the Italian wars… it won’t win any prizes but it is done. Funnily enough these seemed a lot easier than the last set of three bases. I honestly think it was mental state rather than difficult miniatures. The 15mm monster hunter miniatures probably cleaned the palate for want of a better term. I want these finished and out of the way. I think the destruction of two Pike blocks put a downer on the whole project. I also brushed on an undercoat for my two ‘Spanish’ Officers as well making a start on the terror birds…
As you can see from the above photo, I have another set of three skirmishers ready to go. I made a start on the two Rohan characters a while ago and to be honest I really can’t be bothered with them. They are lovely miniatures, but I think that right now I need something that I can just slap some paint on. The Keleken will be ideal for that.