It has taken me a day and a half to pluck up the courage to make a start on assembling the printer. I got to the point where I had convinced myself I was going to break the thing getting it out of the box. Strangely enough I didn’t… but I did lose the micro SD card reader, only to find it was attached to a separate bit, therefore I didn’t get as far as a test print.
The pile of bits…
These somehow turned into this!
If you look closely just to the left of the centre at table level you can see the Slot for the card, not on the right anywhere near the screen where I thought it would be.
Anyway it is up and working to the point of nothing has gone bang or fizzzz.
Tomorrow I shall attempt to add the PLA!
I did manage to get a bit of painting done this evening. Mainly highlights, still the red to go at the very least.
I also reckon I am going to have to do something with the Dwarf’s hands, I painted them as yucky skin, but they look weird so I think I will repaint them as gloves.
I reckon they should be finished tomorrow night. If I do then the total this month will be eighteen full body miniature (well if you include Jose) and then a zombie breaking out from the ground.
I have got a cavalrydog, that I was going to use as a mounted officer. I might be able to squeeze him in before the end of the month.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.