Building, Printing and Painting

Today has been a busy one and I bloody ache!. We have only got the ceiling to do on the conservatory now, we have everything we need so we are going to crack on with it tomorrow. In between cups of tea and hammering I got this little thing printed from Iain Lovecraft’s frost…

This gibbet has a corpse in it (not sure how I am going to paint it). I am printing a different one off right now. I also managed to get a smidge of painting done on the Chaos Marines…

As I was painting them it suddenly came to me in a flash of … of.. what the **** am I thinking about now… these guys must have bespoke armour, the chances of finding someone (or something) that has spike coming out of the same bit is highly unlikely. So if Mozarg the unclean has his armour blown off then how on Earth or planet Mogadoooo for that matter is he going to get another bit. Sorry random bollocks break is now over.

I also managed to get the War dancer printed… however sadly the mage is still armless, I also snapped the foot off the paladin….

For some reason I printed the same lot off again so now have two of the witchhunter etc. The zweihander snapped on the Lanschnect …again. Tomorrow if the weather allows then I am just going to print the Mage and see if I can add in some other supports.

Unfortunately the heater in the shed packed in today, tripped the RCD and caused both printers to stop, the resin one, which had been temperamental all day restarted itself and the Ender restarted where it left off. Because I had been in the bath when it blew, I had to let the temperature come back up again. In this case I had to snip off a lump of filament where the print head had stopped. It seems to be going okay, my only concern is that it is going to run out of filament overnight… wish me luck!

Snow, Printers and Paint

Well the expected snow and wind came and today proved to be a bad day to be a bus driver…

70mph winds and snow, never a good mix. I had t go into town to help my mother in law fix her sink and nearly had the 4WD going sideways too.

I got my first ruined building printed, this came from the Frost Kickstarter by Iain Lovecraft…

I was going to print some other things but sadly, the printer decided it was too cold. The above building comes in three bits, ground, first floor and roof. I am going to add a floor into the second level to allow for miniature placement. The whole thing took 31 hours to print. But as you can see – it is quite large.

I also managed to get some painting done this evening, not a huge amount, but there was Progress happening…

I actually tried to photograph four miniatures here!

I went back over the tentacles and spines on the Nurgle lot with white as well as giving them a layer of Contrast Skeleton bone.

I also spent some time today messing around with the old 3D Builder as well as seeing what the heck I actually had regarding the 3D Printers.

I Got Motivated

So after, going on about how I couldn’t be bothered to do anything this evening I started watching one of the resident Evil films and needed up getting this far with this chappy…

I will redo him at 85% some time but for now he is something to paint. talking of which, I have eventually called it over on my first pot of my Contrast Black Templar. It has eventually run out to be more truthful, or is more like tar than Contrast paint. I will no doubt need to replace some of my more used ones soon enough too…. oh yeah, so much for the early night plan!