Inky, Pinky, Ponky, Stavros had a Donkey

In case you are wondering… Donkey died, Stavros cried, Inky, Pinky, Ponky… so this evening I continued with the Ancient Greek support elements and finished (I think) the baggage train…

These actually took longer to do than I thought they would… But at least they got sorted. A random goat seemed to have sneaked into the cavalcade too. I just realised that both of the humans are walking away from it… evidently it is a very smelly goat😉.

I also made a start on the cavalry force… or should that be Forcette?

Obviously the Companion horseman shouldn’t be with the earlier lot, but hey, he was free, so he got painted.

I am going to try and get The horsemen done tomorrow and then will make a start in the psiloi, before moving onto the heavies. It would be good if I could get them finished in a week. I managed it with the Aztecs, so here is hoping.

Kebab on the Hoof

Tonight I was a bit pooped, as I didn’t sleep too well last night, but nevertheless I decided to paint something simple, so I made a start on the Ancient Greeks and did the goat herds…

Two down, thirty to go!

The slinger is evidently there to drive off the wolves. So as you know I said I wasn’t getting anything more till I made an inroad on what I already had, as I technically made an inroad on the Greeks then I bought myself some transfers for the shields. My original plan was to paint everything by hand, but as I want them done fast I thought better of it… unfortunately when I was purchasing the shield designs my hand must have slipped and I inadvertently purchased some pipe players and a cart pulled by onagers to go with the force.

I picked up the helmet half a dozen times this evening, but put it back each time. I really couldn’t be bothered to get the foam clay out and set to work on the gaps. I have noticed a few YouTubers using Scroll Saws to cut the foam. So as I have an rather old one in my shed then I thought I might give it a go and see what happens.

A Parcel and a Break in the Weather

Thankfully the couple of days of solid rain seem to have eased and I managed to get out and get things sprayed…

Now interestingly enough, when I bought the spay wheel (aka cake spinner) it was very smooth… so in a fit of curiosity I wondered how thick the layer was. It was evidently thick enough to support itself when held…

Considering this is spray paint, then it must have had a fair few layers down on it. It was actually quite satisfying scraping it off with my knife as it lifted in sheets.

Anyway enough whittering on about my paint fetish…

I have new toys!!!

So I got this very nice parcel from Museum Miniatures this morning and, shock horror, I didn’t actually open it until this evening… how about that for self control!

I have got quite a lot to paint… first up the hoplites…

Spartans are without the crest, I have twice this amount, interspersed amongst the troops are some of the officers.

Next up the skirmishers…

I have some light/medium cavalry (and a free Companion cavalryman)

And finally a pile of stuff I really didn’t need, but looked cool 🙄

And finally, this made me chortle…