So that is it, the miniatures are all painted and based. I need to get the bases sealed with watered down PVA and then everything varnished. But thank the lord for that. These have been a bit of a chore, but at least they are finished.
These seem to have taken a lot longer than I thought they would. I suppose in all honesty I have been making and painting the terrain that came off the printer, so it isn’t really surprising.
Tomorrow I will get on with buildings and hopefully get them sorted soon.
Very, very little done today as I didn’t finish doing my videos for the kids until 21.00. So whilst the rest of the family watched the rest of Back to the Future 2 I got a bit done.
Here we have three Kappa, a red kneed spider and Emm a bull headed spider.
In case you don’t know a kappa is an evil creature that likes nothing better than drowning innocent victims. They have turtle shells on their backs as befits a creature at home in water. As for the bull headed spider, I have absolutely no idea at all. I will have to look it up.
So we have three tengu crow warriors, two centipede demons, two snake demons, an umbrella ghost, and a paper lantern ghost… not to forget a giant spider and a flat snake.
I will carry on with these tomorrow then get on with the goblins and some of the other miniatures. I doubt I will get everything finished by the weekend, but if I get time on Saturday and Sunday during the day as well as t(e evening then I should manage.
Today is my 295th post in a row. Not bad going really and for that I shall choose another random Re-enactment photo…
Tonight I did a bit more on the ones I started yesterday. The ONI in some pictures I have seen have quite fancy trousers so I went for it and tried to add some patterned material.
The rest of the ones I started yesterday are just about done apart from the blades weapons. The armoured samurai is going to have different coloured armour. The two orange things to the right are centipede demons…
I also got some Greenstuff onto the houses. This means I can get them sprayed tomorrow…
Today’s random re-enactment photo is this one…
Training with practice swords, what you can’t see is the other person trying to cut me off on the left.
Yesterday my parcel arrived, so I spent a bit of time glueing everything together that needed glued.
To speed things up I used pennies and two pences instead of sending away for (or printing) similar sized ones.
Sadly the snake necked lady, err had a little accident, and now is in three bits. Torso, neck and head. I will do something with Greenstuff to fix things. I sprayed everything white and made a good start on some of them.
Still a long way to go, but I want them done by next weekend so I am going to have to get busy this week. I will have to get Greenstuff into the terrain as well as print the base for the Shrine as well as get it all painted. so all in all, a lot of busyness will be required.
Biggest problem I think I will have is the Tin Soldier Miniatures (as well as the Battle Valour ones) are quite big. These ones are a whole lot smaller so the buildings may look out of scale. If the worst comes to the worst I can always reprint at 40% or whatever looks right.
Wish me luck, I am probably going to need it.
As Pete was painting Cuirassiers and has done the lancers, I thought I would share another random re-enactment photo