Kaiserliche Athermarine

Well I decided to see what I had printed for the Germans… quite a bit it would seem.

Part of the German fleet moored beside a small asteroid belt.

So at the back we have a couple of civilian vessels with a freighter on the left and a liner on the right.

Next, coming forwards, the SMA Brandenburg… a legendary vessel. This one is a battlecruiser.

A gunboat and battleship next, a pair of cruisers and finally a pair of destroyers in the foreground.

I plonked random weapon systems on these. Once I decide which version to go for then I will glue them down.

I cocked up with these a bit as I forgot to check the top of the base would fit in the hole on the keel of the ship. Due to the size reduction some resin/IPA remained in the hole and cured. I will either pin them or drill out a bigger hole.

Into the Aether

I eventually got around to downloading the Ironclad miniatures. If you remember I got a test run from my mate and did a Grrman and British group… you can see the British HERE

Well this time I decided that my kitchen table is a bit on the small size for the bigger models… my solution… print at 50% size. I love 3D printing! Now to be honest it comes with inherent problems aka the guns won’t be magnetised any more so once they are on, they are on. Now I could be clever with a pin drill and some thin wire, but sod it …life’s too short.

So on the blue we have a British battleship at the rear (without guns) and a cruiser. The right hand picture shows a number of civilian ships at the rear and some British destroyers front right.

These were technically test prints and I have actually re sliced things so that each ship will come with suitable armament as well as a corresponding base. For the destroyers it means three to the build plate instead of four. But to be honest I have one battleship, two cruisers and four destroyers… I probably will have enough to keep me going for a while… unless I go for the Aether version of Jutland!

The British Take Shape

As it was my youngest’s birthday today, I didn’t get that much done. The new arqubusiers are still in the printer shed, and I will print the third set off before i spray them white.

I therefore looked at what needed doing on the Ironclads…

It is not really visible on the photo, but the Hull bottom is in fact black. I will carry on with these sometime soon. Hopefully I will get the 6mm stuff printed tomorrow and then undercoated.

Ironclads…an Update

This evening I was feeling a bit better so I managed to get some work done on the German Fleet…. Still a long way to go, but definitely getting there….

I hollowed out the asteroid, but made the walls too thin, so will do it again tomorrow.

I also did some 6mm Italian wars stuff started too…

In the Navy…

Ooh I am very excited as Triple Ace Games sent me a couple of British and German Ironclads of the Aether Navy to print and paint. Lots of Victorian Derring Do on the horizon methinks.

So I got a quick start guide and two German and two British vessels. As well as some play aids too. So a big thank you to Rob and Wiggy for giving me a go.

So here we have a British destroyer, left and a British Gunboat right. I have placed the guns on as these take magnets to allow for weapon swaps. These are sitting in the shed to get rid of the ISO fumes. I will cure them tomorrow. They also have a stand for each.

Now these are at the smaller end of the miniatures, with the resin printer I got these two done in just under 5 hours and used about 50ml of resin, so not bad time wise and cost wise.

I am not 100% sure when the kickstarter will drop, but Wiggy will be glad when it does as it will stop me pestering him about it.

So far there are three forces, the Americans, British and Germans.

I want to be honest here, Wiggy is a good mate, and I want to help him and Rob out by showing off their new game. So hopefully I will do things Justice in my printing and painting.