Well I made it to 22:30 before needing to retire. I have been hot and cold all day and my back was a nightmare most of the day too.
I managed to have a couple of meetings today as well as answer some emails. So as a reward I sliced some Sohei for Ronin. I was going to do a samurai force but unfortunately the miniatures were sorted into groups of four or eight miniatures.
The ones I did do will be ready by tomorrow morning.
So in my pain filled time in bed, in between sleeping and yelping (sadly my back is still buggered) I had a mooch on my minifactory and ended up joining Highland Miniatures on their Patreon …they can be found here
I have been considering them for a good while and eventually bit the bullet.
The following image popped up in my Google image reminders, I made this kit to help out a school who wanted to visit the castle and have a Knight in it. I didn’t have the heart to tell them the castle was from the 16th century
Tonight I got the vampire finished. To be honest I am not too happy with him…
I think it is the colours I chose as I really like the pose. I am torn to be honest. Part of me thinks repaint and another part thinks sod it… he is painted. There is of course another option and that is to print another one, look at some reference photos and start again.
We never got our game on Monday as my lot weren’t feeling well so we are going to have a try of something on Friday as well as plot some games. I decided to purchase some paper armies to try out Strength and Honour. I will still use the 2mm minis but might base them differently. Each ‘base’ is a legion two are on temperate ground and two are on arid.
This evening I managed one miniature done. This was deliberate rather than an inability to get two done.
Here he is…
A bit of a scary chap I think you will agree. Now I normally say something like it takes me about half an hour or so. Tonight I decided to actually time myself….so this chap took me…
Yes from start to finish he took me 29 minutes to do. I wasn’t rushing, just painting in my normal way.
On this one I went in the followingorder… boots, green smock, trousers, brown jacket. This was to allow some drying time for each of the different parts. The mask was a mix of zombie green and orange with various splodges of orange over the top while still wet. I also added leather brown into the eye sockets then used my thumb to remove paint from the eyes. These were then dotted with red.
Once again superglue on the base and showed in the base ready. A quick zip around the edges with my super wide black sharpie and voilà one scary scarecrow. Start to finish thirty minutes.
In case anyone is wondering..this is Worzel Gummidge…
Worzel was played by John Pertwee, who also played Doctor Who… I know which I prefer and it isn’t a wierd scarecrow from Ten Acre field!
Oh while I remember, the four beasties are by Tytantroll miniatures.
One day I will work out how to tag people on my blog as they really are lovely miniatures…I really fancy having a go at some of the miniature busts..there are some really great ones, the only reason I haven’t got one yet is because I can’t decide on one.
Finally, I said I had only painted one mini this evening, part way through writing this I decided to make a start on the vampire.