Lizard Cavalry

Tonight was a bit more productive than yesterday as I actually managed to paint things…

Here they are so far. They still have weapons and shields to do and then sort out any missed bits. These were really nice to paint so thumbs up to the sculptor as they were pretty speedy to do. Yeah I could have spent more time sorting out stripes and things but decided against it. I decided to make a leader by adding a back banner as befits an Aztecesque Beasty. Once the Greenstuff has cured I will cut it down and make it colourful. The leader is the only one that is a different colour. My original idea was to go black, then purple, but instead I went for grey, trying to make an albino type that would mark him out as special. His mount is the only one with s coloured crown too (well yes grey is a colour, but I meant bright colour).

Hopefully I will get these finished tomorrow. I am not sure how many I will add to a base and what size base to do. All of the other cavalry are on 20×40. I can definitely fit them onto one, but part of me things 30×40 as I can then spread them out a bit. I will have a play around tomorrow and see what I come up with…

Teeny Lizards Done

So my 6mm army is finished, well apart from the varnishing…

If truth be told, they were actually fun and easy to paint. Once I redid the crossbows they looked a lot better. So tonight I found the sons of Set army and got them resprayed.

I want to get some more practice in before I paint the samurai…

So I now have three armies to paint, these, the samurai and some wood elves. Oh yeah and another larger army on the way. I decided to give Baccus 6mm a go. They are supposed to be really good. I was lucky and managed to get an order in before the online basket shut again. More Samurai as I fancy doing a 6mm Samurai battle for the Games day in October.

I went for their army pack as well as a few other bits and bobs. I might even branch out into a different period…possibly Ancient Greek…

Scalians – Making a Start

I cracked on this evening and got the minis glued down onto the MDF bases. This took a bit longer than expected as these minis are large scale 15mm. So my normal 3 or 4 to a base looked wrong.

I got out the bases that I had and had a play about.

In the end I found some 25 x 40mm bases and went for two to a base. There are sixteen to a pack so two’s worked well.

In the end I ended up with eight x bows and eight x swords as well as a general and a large beastie thing.

As you can see from the photo above the large beastie had a bit of a makeover. This was because he was a bit lacklustre – to be frank he was actually boring and crappy. Which is really weird as the rest of them are lovely miniatures.

Where I put the saddle/pad were a set of straps from the legs that just fizzled out. It was almost as if a saddle was an optional extra. I checked on the website and I can’t find anything to go on it. He is a mix of lizard and mammal and there is very little texture to the skin, I really should blend in that tail section when the superglue has cured fully (who would like to bet I forget before spraying).

My attempt to titivate him is a bit off scale, but it was what I had lying around the shed at the time.

I have my source material ready for colour ideas!

The Lizardman Army was my favourite alongside the wood elves and definitely my favourite in Warmaster. Sadly they went the journey, but the Warmaster army did make me £250 which was used to buy a second hand SLR camera.

I will get these sprayed tomorrow morning and start on the painting tomorrow evening.