Tonight was another slow evening waiting for things to dry, I tried a bit of painting, but to be honest my mind and body weren’t up to it.
So anyway, I got as many static grass tufts out as I could find and shoved them randomly onto the board to try and make it look a bit more moorlandy, or should that be more moorlandesque?
As you can see the glue hasn’t dried yet, the other thing that is noticeable is that I have shoved some trees on. I got these years ago for about 10p each, I think i got fifteen for a quid something like that. Anyway these are cake decorating trees for the average Christmas cake, but as I found them when I was looking for tufts, I thought I would shove them on and to be honest I don’t think they look too bad.
I would appreciate some comments from others as they aren’t exactly the most accurate trees around (all the same size for a start). I do think that they give the board a bit more verticality, so therefore a bit more interest.
This is what it looked like before I shoved the tufts on….
I have soaked everything in diluted PVA to seal the bits down. Tomorrow I hope to get the mud areas painted and then hopefully get some animals done to actually go on the thing… perhaps I should have got them sprayed at the weekend when the weather was dry!
I might even go down the sand colour and dry brush route on them to save having to wait for the weekend.
One thing I must remember to do is get some pins into the rhino. I am not sure whether or not I will manage it with the wolves… wish me luck!