Well after yesterday’s total mess of a print I decided to try and do something to help the print overnight. First of all I bumped up the temperature to 224 for the overnight section of the print.
Other thing I did was to build a temporary box for the printer to work in.
So after a bit of a worrying night, I woke up to a great print… mega phews were breathed.
The biggest problem I had was getting the bloody supports off. It was a 22 hour print and it seemed like 22 hours to get the support off. It was a nightmare! In the end I managed to pull only one foot off. You can just about see the line on the front foot.
It is a mighty Beasty and was well worth printing. Okay it took 34 hours in total (60 if you include the couple of duff prints). But it did save me £158 printing it. A whole roll of filament costs £18 for a 1kg roll. The whole thing weighs about 160g. So roughly £3.00 (a bit more for failed prints).
I have just measured him…he measure 12 inches (30cm) long. He does look large next to the Saurus cavalry and Kroxigor. (And this is at 70% size of the original!)
The major buggeration I have is that with the lock down is that I am running out of white spray paint. Places won’t post up here so I might have to hold fire on painting things for a while. I was going to phone ahead to the car place and buy some over the phone then pick them up from the door.
This shit has totally got real very quickly. I honestly think I have been sitting in a little bubble and somehow have persuaded myself that everything was going to be tickety-boo.
Tomorrow I will try and get something painted (unless I find something new and exciting to print).